PromptWorks Senior Leader & Developer Day: Morning Sessions
Join us for Senior Dev Day at PromptWorks! We'll be holding interesting talks, panels, and other sessions suitable for senior engineers, architects, directors, and more.
Come for the whole day, part of the day, or for individual sessions.
Talks and panels include:
- 9:30am - HTTP/2: Pipeline Bling with Hector Castro
- Despite the major version change, HTTP/2 is not a ground-up rewrite of the HTTP protocol. In fact, HTTP/2 preserves the concept of HTTP headers, methods, and status codes. HTTP/2 refines how HTTP is expressed on the wire to help reduce end-user perceived latency. In this talk we’ll explore the changes introduced by HTTP/2 and identify areas where it can be applied today. Finally, we'll cover common hacks around HTTP/1.x that simply go away as a result of adopting HTTP/2.
- 10:00am - Cultivating the craft of software engineering with Justin Campbell, Sarah Gray, Audrey Troutt, and Clara Bennett
- Five seasoned developers discuss how they write software differently because they view it as a craft. How do you approach your craft personally and how do you nurture craftsmanship on your team?
- 11:00am - Continuous Deployment with HashiCorp's Terraform with Mike Ball
- DevOps best practices encourages IT infrastructure be codified as source code. HashiCorp's Terraform aspires to offer a common mechanism through which IT professionals — including software development teams — can safely deploy and evolve infrastructure across entire landscapes from simple configuration files. In this talk, I'll introduce Terraform, outline how it compares to similar tools, offer some background on its strengths, and provide insight on some common pitfalls.
- 11:30am - Did we just become best friends? A design and development story. with Kyle Fiedler, Helene Speer, Geoff DiMasi, Andrew Croce and Matt McManus
- A discussion among professionals who bridge design and development on how they integrate the two in their software projects.
- 12:15pm - Lunch
Make sure to RSVP to PromptWorks Happy Hour!